Rankin Business Lawyers have strong and broad experience in assisting our clients to resolve a range of commercial disputes.
Our lawyers have practiced widely at all jurisdictional levels from smaller debt and tenancy disputes conducted in Tribunals and the Magistrates’ Court to larger, more complex matters litigated in the Supreme and Federal Courts.
Whilst we advocate firmly for our clients, we understand that litigation is a costly and stressful distraction from your business and so we approach every dispute with a view to obtaining the best commercial outcome for you- not a victory at all costs.
We pride ourselves on taking the pressure and stress out of disputes for our clients, providing them with clear options and solutions throughout the process. We also recognise that, depending upon your business, the most desirable outcome can sometimes change over time. Fundamental to our approach is an adaptability and a focus on your changing commercial objectives.
Among the wide variety of disputes we can assist with are:
- Property and retail leasing disputes
- Debt recovery and enforcement
- Intellectual Property disputes
- Consumer & Competition law matters (including Australian Consumer Law matters)
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Regulatory matters
- Breach of Contract and negligence claims
- Corporations Act claims (including breaches of directors’ duties)
- Taxation disputes (including preparing and conducting applications to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal for review of an Australia Taxation Office decision)
- Defamation matters
- Insurance litigation
- Employment disputes
We consider our flexible approach and commercial advice paramount to your success in resolving disputes. If you find yourself in a dispute and are unsure as to the next step for your business, call us for practical advice.