Since the firm’s inception, intellectual property has been a cornerstone practice area of Rankin Business Lawyers.
We have extensive expertise in assisting our clients to protect their valuable intellectual property (“IP”) across a range of industries. Whilst we work with a broad clientele, our lawyers have particular expertise in working with technology, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and professional services clients. We can assist with a range of IP related matters including:
- Trademark registrations and oppositions
- Brand protection guidance and portfolio management
- IP audits and due diligence
- IP disputes (including patent litigation, copyright claims, trademark infringement and domain name disputes)
- Preparation of all forms of commercial documentation relating to protection and enforcement of IP rights (such as IP assignment deeds, licence agreements, royalty/commission agreements, supply/distribution agreements, confidentiality/ non-disclosure deeds etc)
In addition, we work with clients to ensure their reputation, valuable goodwill and trade secrets are secure and have advised on and acted in a number of defamation, injurious falsehood, passing-off, and misuse of corporate information disputes.
We understand that the best IP protection should be strategic, coordinated and commercially practical in its implementation. Our lawyers are commercially focused and practically minded, meaning that when you seek IP assistance from us you’ll receive sound and on-point advice which is relevant to your business.
Further, in the spirit of partnering with our clients to secure the best IP outcomes, we also work with a well-developed network of highly skilled patent attorneys and IP barristers to ensure that our clients always have access to the most relevant expertise.